Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fun day at the Candy Dance Days

We went to the Candy Dance Days in Genoa and it has been several years since the last time I went. Del, Maura, Marina and myself all went and had a wonderful day spending it together. I found little girl dresses just like the way Nana used to make for my girls when they were little, all frilly and fufu like, we got two of them, one for VE and one for JadaLynn. They are sooooooooooooo cute, a older Mexican lady made all the dresses and I fell in love with them. One of the dresses has a pinafore over a pink dress and the other one was pinky/peachy color with lacy edges and just frilly with under petticoats. Love them....That event has grown so much they had over 300 venders, anything you could think of, it was there, food, yum, candy, music, oh my gosh, it took us 45 min to go 1/2 mile down the road just so we could park but it was worth the time it took us. Also this weekend they had what is called weekend vivations, they expected approx 30,000 motorcyles in town and believe me they were here and to the joy of Hwy Patrol, local police, they had a field day handing out speeding tickets, I bet they made their year operating monies, hahahah...it was something to see.

It is so much fun to be able to spend time with my girls, going out, shopping, doing lunches, going to movies, love the time I get with them.

5 Months ago we moved back to Northern Nevada and I have not regretted a day of the move, it was an adjustment moving with my one daughter and her husband but we have done great and I think it is a good move for us, love the company, we have gone and we have done more here in the 5 months than the whole 4 years in Alaska. Don't get me wrong, I love Alaska but it did not like us very well. Our health has improved vastly. I do miss my daughter, granddaughter and great granddaughter we had to leave behind in Alaska but that is where they belong and where they are doing do great.

Love living life.

No comments: