Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Some of my memories of Alaska

Yesterday we watched Sarah Palin's TLC show on Alaska and yes it is majastic and hugh and beautiful. In the winter the snow that shines on the mountains will take your breath away, the moose that will come into your yard and look into your windows are awesome and a memory I will always cherish. At night when the moon is full and the snow is alive and the shadows of the trees and the houses make for awesome sights. The summers that have daylight almost 24 hours a day, the people, these are the memories I will cherish, but this morning when I woke up at 7 am I looked outside and the sun was shining and the sky was blue and I did not have to bundle up in winter coats, boots, heavy duty socks, winter hats, gloves and slip and slide while walking made me realize I really did not belong in Alaska. The dreary, grey skies, no mornings until after 10 am and sunset before 4 pm, no, that is not the Alaska I enjoyed, Today is the 16th of November and I am sitting here looking outside watching the blue skies, and have the window open for the gentle breeze, that is what I missed the most. I miss the family that we left behind when we relocated back to Nevada, that is what I miss the most about not being in Alaska, I miss the few good friends and neighbors we had in Alaska, but things and places and people change. I am glad we had the experience of living in Alaska but I am very contented to be living back in Nevada.

1 comment:

Meagan Berry said...

I couldn't be happier that you're in Nevada! I missed you guys so much when you were in Alaska, as did my Mom. I miss Nevada all too much. I miss the mountains and the brown landscapes. I hope that we'll be closer, soon! I love you very much and I hope that you continue to have an incredibly peaceful morning!