Friday, November 26, 2010

Why?

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and I posted that we had a great day, today it is not so great, My sister did not call us yesterday because she did not want to interupt our family party, I told her she should have called, even if it was last night, my Dad had a stroke yesterday, it seems he was outside in the back yard, his legs went numb, he crawled to the steps and knocked on the window, Debbie found him out there, called the paramedics, they were there within 10 min, he was taken to the hospital in Chula Vista. She called me today and gave me the info, I was ready to jump into my car and go, but I called the hospital to find out for myself and the nurse said that he was doing well, and that the doctor was in there and that was the reason I could not talk to him, she said they were running tests and that he will be transferred to a rehab center probably by Sunday. He has speech problems and some lost of ability to get around, he will need help for awhile but the nurse said he should be fine, maybe not 100 percent but fine and he will need some help for a bit. Debbie is going to be going to South Carolina on the 16th, so I will be going to San Diego on the 13th if nothing happens sooner, Please eveyone give your love ones hugs, kisses, tell them you care for them, don't wait until it is too late. Cherish your family, friends always. Please Dear God, keep my Dad safe.

2 comments:

Maura said...

I"m sorry grandma! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. We love you bunches!!!!

Deborah said...

Oh Grandma! I'm so sorry! That is awful news. We will be praying for you all.