Tuesday, December 14, 2010

a great update

Friday we get to spring my Dad from the rehab center, he is doing so well that he graduated from the walker to using a cane just to help with his balance once in awhile. He is getting his speech back very clearly. And he still thinks that he will be driving again very soon, I mentioned to my sister that she needs to hide his car keys because he can be hard headed and it could pop in his mind that he needs to take the car and go to the store. To give you an example, Debbie told me that he called on Saturday and told her and I mean told her, that she needed to come and pick him up and take him to the library so he could get some reading material, so off she went and he was waiting for her so she just picked him up took him to the library and returned him to the center, when I went to see him on Sunday I mentioned to him how nice it was that they let him come and go from the center and that I was glad he enjoyed the library, he said hell I did not ask I just went, hahahahah,,,,but the realization is what if something had happened to him, what would the libility be, so I made sure to tell my sister what he did and next time to be sure that she checks with the desk that he can go. We just had a big laugh about it this time. We are trying to make arrangements for the meals on wheels can come and bring him his meals for a short time, Debbie said she would not be able to drive him around and that he is going to have to make arrangements for cabs to come and take him places, he is not going to like that but at 94 years of age he should not be driving and Debbie has her job and will not be able to take the time always to drive. I am going to check out the senior center where he usually goes to eat lunch everyday and see if they have that senior transportation available for him.

The other thing that makes this a good day I now have all 4 of our daughters back in our lives, for that I am greatful and extremely happy. I am loving life today.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Good news and happy feelings all around! This really is the most wonderful time of the year. Love you G!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.