Sunday, April 6, 2008

December 1958

Remember I mentioned that my ring set that I loved was sold to a young couple, well here it is Christmas eve and Delbert was over at my house and we were kidding around and of course marriage came up and I get smarty pants and I told him that I had been stringing him on and I really had no intentions of marrying him, he gave me that look that said hummmmm and then he said I guess you will not want I have for you now, I just knew in my heart and of course talk about back peddling I did that very well and he pulled out the black ring box and there were my rings the very rings that the Lady told me a couple of months back that were sold to a young couple, well I guess we were that young couple. The ring looked beautiful on my finger and I thought my diamond was the biggest shineynest (new word) and sparkled the best in the whole wide world. It was only a 1/4 caret but you would have thought it was 10 times that big....
When I went back to school in January I didn't mentioned it to anyone but I fluttered my hand all over and in class the ring went flying off my finger hahahahahah yep it was too big but I did not want to let go of it for one second to have it sized, I wrapped tape around it after that so it would not fly off my finger, but I did get the attention in class hahahahaha.....
Now we are in January of 1959 and I will take some writings from my little diary that I kept for a whole month and then there were some entries here and there that I will share later.

Dear Diary, will this year found Delbert & I dancing at the San Diego Hotel, I had 2 slingapor Slings and 3 tom collings plus some of Delberts. I had a wonderful time it started at 9 pm on Wed night and ended at 3 am Thurs Morning by me walking home by myself from Delbert's house because he fell asleep and this morning at 11 am Delbert calls and then the whole day was a messed up one. We had dinner over at Delbert's grandmother's house and then we went out with Ester and Gil. Gil broke up with Esther and I was knocked out when I tripped and fell when I started to chase her, we finally all come home, Gil gave her back the ring and Delbert went back to Camp. What a hoot.......I have to laugh at this entry... This was January 1st
On January 2nd I wrote
Dear Diary Delbert came over at 12:30 in the afternoon. I was going to fix him something to eat but Esther called & told him Gil wanted to see him & for him to be outside of the house, so he waited & all Gil wanted to do was to golf, so Delbert went & I didn't see him until 4:30-Ileft the house around 3 to go to the store with Roxanna, she bought a new dress & shoes and on the way home bumped into Delbert he was riding Tudy Boy's bike. Tonight we went to the movies and saw Houseboat and some of Party Girl then at 10:30 we went to Oceanside to pick up Delbert's gun then came home, stopped and ate got in at 2 am...
What I writer I was or I should say was not...hahahahhaha...I will write more later of this diary, maybe it will get interesting later on....

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Grandma, this is so fun to read these stories. It's like reading a book only it really happened.
I would have been so shocked if my ring flew off my finger! :)
Love you!

Maura said...

I agree with Deborah. these stories are fun. :) I wouldn't have given up my ring to have it sized either....I still have a hard time when they have to keep if for a few days to plate it.

can't wait to see what happened next.

love you.