Monday, April 28, 2008

our first Valentine 1959

Our first valentine in our little trailer on the Marine base, well let me think, hummmmmm we did not have any money because we got paid on the 15th and 30th of the month and of course Valentines is on the 14th and in those days we did not have a checking account so we could not even write a rubber check. I woke up feeling really bad because we could not do anything and Delbert was not in the trailer and I did not know where he went, well he walked to town (about a five mile hike) and he got me a card and I still have it, but I did not get him anything because like I said we did not have any money nor could we go out any place special, but we had hamburger and we had a small grill so we grilled and we told each other that as long as we had each other we had Valentines everyday. Isn't young love great? and let me tell you old love is better.

2 comments:

Maura said...

super cute and mushy! :)

love it.

Deborah said...

That is so sweet. I remember Grandpa always telling us that he didn't know what he would do without you.