Monday, April 7, 2008

More Diary entries Jan 1959

I have decided not to write everyday entries because they really are boring to me so I know it will be boring to you so I am going to pick and choose some of the ones that might bring some interest. This one is from Monday, January 5th, yesterday was our 6 month anniversary and Delbert was back at camp but today was the first day back to school after Christmas break so here goes....Well today I had to go back to school it was boring-but I really liked all the remarks about my engagement ring and after school I went to work (baby sitting) and I made $1.50 for 2 hours- tonight I came home and everyone (Dad) was in a grouch. I got a feeling I won't be seeing much of Delbert the way Grouch was talking but then it will probably be just talk-I wish Del & I could get married soon-if he goes overseas we are going to try to get secretly married but if he doesn't then if luck and God's will holds out I will get married when I graduate. Well all I did tonight is to watch TV I really liked the Desilue Westhinghouse Playhouse tonight. I already miss Delbert, I love him so that I miss him a lot.
January 8th Thursday
Today I got up at 6:30 for school and Mom was real grouchy. So I left as soon as I could-I didn't feel to very good today & 5th and 6th period I spent it in the nurse's office. I stayed after school to work on my picture in art class. When I got home I found out I had to go to work but it was too late. The man told me he would call when I had to come back so it wasn't my fault. I got a real nice note from Delbert today with the mail. I miss him very much I wish we could get married soon, for I am very much in love with him &I don't care how much my Mom belittles him & trys to tell me that Del has nothing but bad faults but I know different. She says I know nothing about money & that I need someone to take care of me instead of me taking care of Del & that he is not suited to me. I don't care.
January 11th Sunday
Dear Diary Mom got me up at 9:45 to watch Debbie, Boy am I bushed-I didn't get to sleep until 3 this morning. I got up read the paper, puttered around-fed Debbie put her to bed at 11:30 for her nap then I took a bath. Started to iron my green jumper & white blouse to wear to church, I didn't know whether Del was going or not but if he didnt call by 10:15 I was going without him but he called in time and we went to church-after church we each had 2 hamburgers & a coke then we went to his house, watched TV and worked crossword puzzels-at 5:30 went to his gr.mom house for dinner then came back, played chinese checkers & at 7:30 went to the laundry to pick up his jacket, Del lefted at 10:00 pm he is going on a 110 mile hike tomorrow. I hope nothing happens to him, I love Delbert.
That's it for this posting. Hope you enjoy reading it, I still love Delbert more than I ever thought I did in 1959, love can and will grow and it is amazing how we grew together through all of these years.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

You were going to elope? Wow. Thanks so much for sharing your stories with us. I love to hear what you did for fun.