Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Moving on to another day in January 1959

ok we are getting to some good parts of my diary, now remember earlier I spoke of my mother's drinking problem and my running away because of her drinking, I had been running away from home since I was about 13 when I could not take her drinking and what went with it, but my brother Tom always knew where to find me and would let me know when I could come home but this time, I had a girlfriend who was black and my parents did not know of her or where she lived, she had permission to go to my highschool which was out of her area.
January 12, 1959
Dear Diary today I went back to school, it was boring, I am begining to hate school but I have to go-Delbert told me that it would be better if we waited until he gets out of the Marines, I know he's right but we don't want to wait but we will-Del said he wants to go to Alaska to join the Airforce when he gets out but I don't see why we have to go to Alaska-Today Delbert started on his 110 mile hike I hope he makes the whole 110 miles God willing. I love Delbert very much that every night I get lonely because he isn't near me during the day my thoughts always seem to wander toward him and I miss him even when he is out of my sight for a few moments. I love him so it hurts not to be able to hold or love him.

January 13th
Dear Diary today I went to the doctors to find out my tests which were taken Dec 19th 1958, (I had been ill for awhile) the blood test shows that I had a low blood count and that I have a slight case of anemia so the doc said he wanted to find out immediatly why had anemia also the urine test showed I have a small infection so he loaded me down with 6 bottles of pills-soon,, vitimin,and some other kind and then I got some terrimicin and codine for my cough then some mineral oil for my bowels and some other kind I also have to take my temp 4 times daily and then next Tue I have to go back to find out what becomes of these new test the Dr thinks it might be TB , I wrote Del a 7 page letter, I really love Delbert and if I have tb I have to go to the hospital for a year, I hope nothing happens to Del , I don't think I could take it. I love Del (later no TB yeahhhhh)
January 15, 1959
Dear Diary well today is another day except that I have run away, I called Delbert but he wasn't back yet he will be back tomorrow at 1:00 am we left a message for him to call me as soon as he got back, I am staying at Vickie's until tomorrow until I decide what to do because I am staying there until Del comes or calls me, oh I am all confused, I don't know what to do - God Help, I love Delbert very much I wish we could get married very soon my Mom said she was getting a divorce but I told her I wasn't going to go with her. I love Delbert.
January 16th Friday
Dear Diary Well Diary today I stayed all day at Vickies except this morning we went over to my house to try to get my purse, we made it and tonight Del came over - we went to Jeannies and then we went to the Brown Bear to get some Chow Mein and then we got some cola and got a taxi and came back to Vickies. We might go to L.A. tomarrow or Sunday, I almost became Mrs A. L. Feliz tonight but we couldn't get a car so we didn't. I feel lousy I have a headache and a jaw ache my whole face feels horrible. Dear God Please help us - I love Del very much.
January 17, 1959
Dear Diary, Well today I and Delbert became Mr and Mrs A.L. Feliz in TJ, Delbert's Mom and Grandmom brought me a real pretty white dress with a lace over the satin and a white satin bow in the front also white shoes and a white purse, I also got a white slip and a white night gown and a duster - also some nylons, peds, and pants. We spent the night in a motel right off Division Street, I love my husband very much and I always will - the only thing I regret is that we ran off and got married without my parents, Del's mother signed for me and Del's grandpop signed for him, I love Del.

This is it for this installment, I will write more later.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Wow Grandma. That's all I can say is wow. How did you tell your parents that you got married? I would have been so nervous. I guess it turned out alright in the end though because here you are:)
love you!